Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I've got to start reading those papers on my desk

Sorry for the gap in blogging, but as you can imagine, things have been pretty crazy around here. We closed the private equity deal, so Bain and Capital (what a goofy name..."Capital") owns us. I've met the Bain family, but the Capital boys seem to be "behind the scenes" types. I imagine them like the cigarette-smoking dude from X-Files, you know, the guy who turns out to be Mulder's father? But then, that would make Capital Mark's father, and he looks an awful lot like Randall, so he must be his pa, too. Who does that make Scully?

All I know, is I'm Skinner.

What was I talking about?

OH YEA! The new deal. It's actually going really, really well. We all got paid for our stocks and stock options, which means BIG PAYDAY! WOO HOO! It's Chili's for lunch today, and I'M BUYING!

The only thing is, and I know it's my fault for not reading the contract closer...Or at all...But most of my "stock" options came in the form of livestock, which I've found is much different than stock stock. I got a check for just over $47,000 and Randall took me out in his pickup truck (I have to admit, I felt a little like Bobby in Tony's Escalade on The Sopranos the day after he kicked his ass when Tony made a comment about Janice at the house at the lake). We drove around in the country outside of S.A. for, like, a couple hours and then pulled up beside a barbed wire fence and a pond and Randall says "take a picture, J.R., there's the rest of your options!"

Here's the picture I took with my new Blackberry.



My livestock options. The good news is, none in the Hogan family are vegetarians. Except the cows, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment